Schram Fire Protection Engineering (Schram FPE) is seeking highly talented entry to mid-level fire protection designers in our Ventura, CA office who want to:
- Be part of a growing practice.
- Work in an environment of open communication, continued learning, innovative thinking, and collaboration.
- Be mentored by highly experienced engineers and designers.
- Work for an independent family-owned firm
- Relish the opportunity to solve our clients' fire protection and life safety objectives and challenges
Our Fire Protection practice is seeking designers with experience in programs such as AutoCAD.
The designer has significant responsibilities including client relationship maintenance, project safety, and client deliverables. The ideal candidate is a well-rounded professional who wants experience and knowledge in consulting and design pertaining to fire protection principles, life safety, and building and fire codes. The designer should be able to tackle complex assignments and manage and deliver clients work. The designer should be willing to work in a team environment and participate in office and company development initiatives.
- Degree in a related field with relevant experience and expertise in fire protection.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office and Computer Aided Design (CAD) software.
- An interest in solving problems with new and existing structures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work in the field and to travel outside local area, depending on practice workload and project locations
- High school education or higher.
- Performs complex calculations, and analyses of fire protection systems and/or code issues.
- Identifies corrective measures, including design solutions.
- Prepares reports, drawings, specifications, and other project deliverables.
- Conducts on-site inspections/investigations including survey and documentation of conditions, field testing, sampling, photographing, and sketching.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position requires visual acuity and listening ability. Individuals must have the dexterity to be able to operate office and field equipment such as computer, printer, fax, copier, telephone, voice mail system, and other office and field equipment.
Salary, Benefits, Location, Travel:
- Salary: $20 to $25 an hour depending on experience.
- Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision, Retirement plan, PTO, Flexible Schedule, Parental leave.
- Location and Work Authorization: Must be able to work in Ventura, CA 93003 and authorized to work in the United States (Required)
- Travel: 25% (Required)
How to apply?
Please email email@example.com with the title of the job as the subject, and attach your Cover Letter and Resume. Additionally, feel free to reach out about any specific inquiries .